Jack3d: Jacked Info from USP Labs
Jack3d from USPLabs
The ULTIMATE Pre-Workout Energy and Focus Drink
Note: This site is not run by or affiliated with USP Labs in anyway. No statements on this site are endorsed or approved by USPlabs LLC and are the sole property of this site's owner.

Jack3d Side Effects

Is Jack3d Safe?

Disclaimer: The creators of Jack3d.org take no responsibility for the statements and links on this page. Consult your doctor before using any supplements. These statements have not been approved by the FDA.

Update – March 15, 2012 – Over the years, this page has received over 700,000 people looking up this information. I kid you not. It was written to discuss each individual ingredient, which is well and good, and was dead-on accurate.But there’s even more information now:

Since publishing this page, USPLabs has had several safety research studies shown on JACK3D ITSELF, which is better than focusing on all of the parts, as we do below.

If you’re interested in reading about this, head on over to our Is Jack3d Safe? for an up-to-date look at the product *as a whole*.

Jack3d has minimal known side effects, but to truly assess the potential side effects, let’s take a look at each ingredient separately (in case you need it, here’s a detailed writeup: Jack3d Ingredients).

Jack3d Active Ingredients:
Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate, Creatine Monohydrate, Beta Alanine (Carnosyn®), Caffeine, 1,3-Dimethylamylamine HCl, Schisandra Chinensis (Berry) Extract (Standardized for Schizandrol A)

• Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate (AAKG) Side EffectsThere are very little side effects when using AAKG, and the studies linked above show that human subjects were fine, even when using much more AAKG than is in a serving of Jack3d. If you are diabetic, beware that you may have some gastrointestinal issues.

This means that if you want an even more explosive pump for a heavy day, you can add some raw AAKG powder (it’s relatively inexpensive)… maybe another 2-3g to top off.

• Creatine Side EffectsCreatine has no documented side effects.

It has been used and studied for decades, and anyone that tells you differently has not read the countless studies on it. Do NOT worry about the creatine in Jack3d, it will only help you, and is also another ingredient that you can add another 2-3g more (after your workout, in the case of creatine).

So let’s repeat that one more time:
    Creatine has no documented side effects.

• Beta Alanine Side EffectsBeta alanine… now this is a fun one. The biggest side effect of beta alanine are the “tingles”, a pin-prickly, flushing feeling you might get on your skin after using it. Some people love it, some people dislike it, and some people don’t feel it at all.

If you feel the tingles when taking Jack3d, it’s from the beta alanine. The good news is that studies showed blood to be healthy and there were no signs of toxicity after four weeks of continued use.

This means that the beta alanine in Jack3d is safe, but may annoy (or please) you. It will not harm you. From personal experience, we find that it takes over 5g of beta alanine to feel the tingles, and Jack3d never gives us any tingles unless we add more beta alanine.

• Caffeine Side Effects

Caffeine is safe for healthy people when used properly. Studies show that the typical person can safely handle 400mg of caffeine per day, so if you’re using 2 or 3 scoops of Jack3d, you’re probably not going to want to add much more caffeine to your day.As you’re probably aware, using too much caffeine, such as more than 300mg, can lead restlessness, nervousness, excitement, insomnia, flushing of the face, increased urination, gastrointestinal disturbance, muscle twitching, a rambling flow of thought and speech, irritability, and irregular or rapid heart beat. This is why we don’t EVER believe in using more than three scoops of Jack3d at a time.

Caffeine is also addictive. If you use it every day, you may be addicted, and when you stop to cycle off, you may get headaches and slight nausea for a few days. So try not to use Jack3d every day (you shouldn’t be working out every day anyway), and give the caffeine a week-long rest periodically.

If you’re obese or have mental disorders, you should stay away from large doses of caffeine, and thus, probably shouldn’t be using Jack3d until your diet is worked out. Contact us if you need help with that.

• 1,3 Dimethylamylamine Side Effects

Before we begin, we want to send you over to the Is Jack3d Safe?page, which focuses on the DMAA content in Jack3d.The conclusion? After measuring resting blood pressure and heart rate, and blood samples were taken for a complete blood count, metabolic panel, and lipid panel…. the survey shows…. THIS IS A COMPLETELY SAFE PRODUCT, and 1,3 is a safe and well-tolerated, mild stimulant when taken per the instructions!

As with almost anything in this world, and just like the caffeine, it’s fine in correct doses and can cause some side effects if too much is consumed – such as headache, lightheadedness, and “snappy” mood.

The worst thing that ever happened with 1,3-Dimethylamylamine HCl / DMAA was when a New Zealand partier suffered a stroke after taking an undisclosed amount. While we take this seriously, we should also note that this guy was not your most healthy individual and probably snorted it with various other drugs (1,3 is mixed into a lot of “party pills”, which we shouldn’t need to tell you not to take) and drank a bottle of booze to go along with it.

So in the end, don’t add any extra DMAA to your Jack3d, don’t snort it, and keep your Jack3d life separate from your party life.

Millions upon millions of doses show Jack3d to be safe. Use common sense.

• Schizandrol A Side Effects

Schizandrol A has not only been shown to outperform amphetamine in cognitive tasks involving focus, but it has also been shown to greatly increase the capacity of muscles to perform work,while also increasing physical force. In essence, it is able to provide a stimulating effect to the body and mind.Last, but certainly not least; unlike various stimulants which can increase catabolic hormone levels (i.e. glucocorticoids), this compound has been shown to lower levels of “bad” hormones like cortisol in animal models.

So in the end, Jack3d has minimal side effects. The biggest irritation you may get from Jack3d are the beta alanine tingles, and those are not dangerous.

Because of the caffeine content, we will never recommend more than 3 scoops of Jack3d, and most beginners should start with half a scoop and only increase by a half scoop at a time.

See, that’s not so bad! Now go read and post Jack3d Reviews or Buy Jack3d!

Again, check out Is Jack3d Safe? for a study on the entire product as a whole

display_detailed_price_widget($detailed_product_id=872, $campaign=’j3d’, $height=250);
?>

160 Comments at “Jack3d Side Effects”

1. Harvey says:

admin, i’ll start using this product tomorrow. I think 2 scoops for hard word out and the next day 1 scoop for cardio( jogging, swimming). I’m planning to compete in a triathlon so I say this product suits me. my post work out supp is Nitro tech. Is is ok? TIA

Love it.

Wait until you feel the Jack3d when you swim. It’s ridiculous how much the stuff boosts lung capacity (thank the DMAA), and how much the beta alanine boosts muscular endurance. Awesome one-two combo for distance sports!

2. jack says:

ok i have been taking jack 3d and pink magic together and ever since i started i have not been able to be sexual. like lost the urge and everything. i have read about both of them and neither of them have those types of side effects. i was sure if anyone else has experienced any of these side effects either.

• Admin says:

This is not common, Pink Magic often does the opposite. The vasoconstriction effect of the stimulants from Jack3d could be causing some issues though. It is probably time you cycled off of both of these, and all stimulants, for a total month, and focused on a diet of whole foods and tons of green/colorful veggies. Kick the sugar and the processed food and it will help.

3. Rjones says:

I just ordered Jack3ed and also oxyelite pro. Are these ok to take together as long as it is spaced out? Thanks!

• Admin says:

No – per the label, do not use these together. Some advanced users have gotten away with just 1 scoop max of Jack3d in the morning, with 1 cap of OEP in the afternoon… but you are on your own if doing this.

4. Austin says:

hello Admin, I am 5’9 130 lbs, and have been using this product on and off for a little over a month with excellent results. Ive been able to lift alot more weight,and have alot of energy during my workout, though not to much energy to be crazy. Ive been using this product with a brother, and am getting a canister delivered within a week. ewhat is your reccomended intake for my current body weight?

• Admin says:

Even with similar bodyweights, certain people may be more stimulant tolerant. I’d start with about 3/4 of a scoop and go from there… work up to 2 scoops MAX with your weight.

If you’re trying to bulk up, it’s all about eating big though! Check out the book that pops up when you enter the site for the frist time!

5. Jesus Ramos says:

The best supplement that I ever take perfect for work out improve my mood made me feel better I think all the ingredient are perfect I don’t use more that a scoop per day and only 4 times a week being on for 7 months and the best result in my life

6. George Khalaf says:

Hello Admin,

I am currently enrolled in a high intensity muscle endurance program (les mills body pump).

can Jack 3d help me build muscle although iam doing low weights and high reps ?

Well… yes and no.

Your DIET and WORKOUT builds your muscle. Jack3d can help in other ways, though. High rep workouts are AWESOME on this stuff. The endurance is second-to-none. And the creatine inside does help with the muscle building too.

7. Sean says:

Hi admin,

Can you use jack 3d with kre-alkalyn?

• Admin says:

Yes – You don’t need a full dosage though, since some creatine mono is provided in Jack3d… so cut your dosage down about 40%.

8. Rohit says:

Hiii…im 5’11…and kinda little thin but being working out recently and i just got jack3d supplement. Just wanted to know does it help in gaining mass as well or just stamina

• Admin says:

A little bit, if your diet is geared towards that. Mass is gained in the kitchen and in the gym. This can help motivate you to get there, and the creatine can’t hurt, but it’s still going to be what you eat – regardless of whether you want to lose or gain.

9. Jaime says:

Hi :)

I was just wondering if it is okay to take 2 doses of Jack3d a day (5 days a week), if I only take 1/2-1 scoop servings at each time?

The reason I ask is I intend to do 2 shorter workouts a day rather then 1 long one.

Thank you in advance.

• Admin says:

I’ve done this with no problem. That’s more for double-sessions or focus when working. Just NEVER hit over 3 scoops in a 24 hour period.

10. Jaime says:

I forgot to mention that I have already have the product and am loving the results it gives me, I just wasn’t sure if it would be safe or effective if I use it more then once a day.

11. Khan says:

Hello

Will this jack3D boost my sex life.
    I have heard people say that you will always want to have sex.

• Admin says:

This is sometimes an unintended effect. The arginine will help with your size and bloodfow, and the energy is great, but the stimulants may also constrict vessels. It depends on the person. It’s not at all an aphrodisiac that makes you “want” to have sex though.

12. rima says:

Hey, I’m a female , age 30, 90kg weight , 176 cm tall. I’m doing a high intensity interval workout (insanity 60 days workout) since the workout already higher my heart rate to 180 bpm, is it safe to take jak3D?

13. Adam says:

Hey, i am not skilled in English but today i am 18 and can i start taking Jack3d when i have been bodybuilding just for 4 weeks ?

thx

14. Dan Williams says:

I am 17 years old and probably have a lot more growing to do. Will jack3d in any way stunt or mess up my growth pattern?

• Admin says:

No, but it’s approved for users 18+ only. You need to eat and lift hard. See the free diet and training e-book on the right side of this page for help.

15. omer khan says:

hi admin,
    please guide me regarding this combination
    jack 3d before work out and whey protein + micronized creatine after work out, is this gud for me?

regards,
    omer khan

• Admin says:

Yes, this is a great plan. Jack3d already has some creatine, so you don’t need a full 5g of creatine post workout. 60-90 minutes later, eat real food. You can use the free book on the right side of the page for help.

16. Jim says:

I started taking creatine monohydrate (for a few months) when I turned 18 and then switched to pre-workout (jack3d). I ended up taking jack3d for about a year. I didn’t use the recommended cycle period at any point in time throughout that year but sometimes my workout schedule was interrupted. For example I tried to usually workout 5-6 times a week but if I was busy I would only do it 1-3 times in a given week. I would probably take about 1.5 scoops on average.

I didn’t feel that I was too addicted to the caffeine at any point in time, and when I stopped taking the pre-workout I didn’t experience any major problems with headaches or irritability.

Do you think any other issues could have resulted from the relatively consistent creatine usage? I’m thinking along the lines of hormonal problems or natural creatine absorption issues.

• Admin says:

Creatine is long-term proven safe and effective. It definitely doesn’t cause hormonal problems. It helps produce cellular energy, especially within muscle tissue. What is your problem??

I do recommend cycling. I’m on a stim-break now. The first week was awful, now I’m fine but ready to get back on eventually!

17. Kelly says:

Does Jack 3D have an effect on sexual activity? Is there any sort of drug in it as i am in the Army and get drug tested often.

• Admin says:

Not directly – but speak to your drug testing governing body / manager to see if anything in Jack3d is banned. The Army no longer sells it themselves.

18. Dave Fitz says:

Hi, I’m a waterpolo player I’ve used Jack3D before weight sessions but wondering do you think Jack would be a good product to take before my games as a boost?

• Admin says:

LOL been in the EXACT same shoes as you. Last year before our alumni water polo game, I took 2 scoops. It was AWESOME.

Jack3d is great for any sprint cardio type things. The endurance is epic, and I’ve raved about how much it helps with swimming. It’s just what the doctor ordered for water polo.

19. Mahm says:

Hi admin,
    why is JACk3d banned in the UK and i think they thinking of banned it in the US and australia and im sure it already banned in the USA…

• Admin says:

The UK banned one of the ingredients, DMAA. You can, however, get your hands on Jack3d Micro, which doesn’t have this. It has a touch less energy, but far greater pumps.

Jack3d is still available in the US.

20. Boudy says:

How much of creatine and cAffein ar in jack 3d ???

• Admin says:

That’s part of the USPLabs proprietary formula – not sure. I’d venture a guess as to about 1.2g creatine monohydrate, and no clue on the caffeine because it’s so superply mixed with the 1,3 and schizendra.

21. Brandon says:

Im 5ft7 130ibs and 15….(little on the small side) I know it says 18 but i really want to get big. Would it be possible to cut the dosage and be okay or what? please respond.

• Admin says:

No, that’s far too young for a potent product like htis.

Instead, you need to eat big and train big if you want to get big. Success is in the kitchen and gym, not in the tub. Look at the Fat Loss Factor plan on the right side if you need a plan – it’s perfect for you.

22. Bec says:

Hi I am taking a Beta Blocker to prevent migraines, and was wondering if I can take jack3d to givce me more energy as the medication has lowered my heart rate and preventing me from loosing weight.

• Admin says:

You’ll have to speak with a doctor before mixing this with any prescription drugs. In general, this doesn’t seem like a very good idea. I’d focus on a healthy, natural diet with tons of vegetables and natural carb sources and eliminate any processed foods from your diet.

23. Aziz says:

Hi, I used jack3d a week ago for 3 days with half a scoop, it did pump me and I could lift a lot heavier but I felt moody and angry the next day and for that week I had no tolerance and could get angry at anything.
    I stopped using it for a few days and without it I wasn’t able to lift as heavy so I took half scoop again ( 2 days ago) and I’ve been depressed and angry since yesterday. It’s not like I’m angry all the time it’s just that I don’t interact with people as much anymore and if anything wrong said to me I’ll be pretty pissed about it
    Plz help, should I push through this phase or buy the new formula jack3d as the old one is banned in Aus Sydney.

• Admin says:

It sounds like the stimulants just aren’t for you. Some people get a bit “snappy” from the DMAA, it seems. However, you can’t deny the strength gains. My suggestion is to try Jack3d Micro at http://www.Jack3dMicro.org which has actually better pump ingredients, but a bit less of a stim load.

24. Thomas says:

I’ve heard all kinds of reviews saying they couldn’t get an erction after taking jack3d. Why is this and is it common?
    Also, what is the main reason 1,3 Dimethylamylamine is banned by college sports and many natural bodybuilding competitions?
    Please respond. Thank you

• Admin says:

Nearly all stimulants provide a “vasoconstriction” effect that tightens blood vessels. On the other hand, the AAKG ingredient does the opposite (it’s a vasodilator and opens them up). Some people have reported that taking stimulants affects their erections. Some people get used to it and their erections return to normal, but most people discontinue use of stimulants immediately.

DMAA was banned by WADA, the NCAA, and many other organizations long ago. Why? Because it’s an amazing performance enhancer. This is doubly true in the endurance sports, where it feels like I don’t even need to breathe when using it. If you’re being tested, don’t mess. If you’re just in amateur sports competitions, and it works well for you, then by all means use it. I’ve improved race times tremendously with it, and so have several others on this site.

25. TERRI says:

I do cardio kickboxing 3x per week and pilates 1x per week. each session is 60mins. would you recommend using Jack 3d? I’m a 49yr old female. I’m trying to lose some body fat.

26. somar karkoutli says:

hay
    iam a 21 years old male, iam studding med so i have to study a lot i have been taking jack 3d before exams or when i have a big research in order to stay a wake all night. is it ok to take jack 3d with out lefting any thing and whith out going to the gym ?
    and what are the serious side effect for that? (if there is )
    thx cheers

• Admin says:

The side effect of being AWAKE, I suppose.

This use is not according to label claim……… so you won’t be supported, but you won’t be the first person to ever have done this either.

27. Chris says:

First off I have to say that I live by jack3d and i’ve had the best gains off this supplement then any other BUT the problem here is, I haven’t cycled off this stuff in probably a year, I am more then healthy and get little to no side effects and the increased focus in the gym gives me such an edge, I do need 3 scoops to feel it and even after taking it for such a long time I still feel it in the gym. I’m just worried of what its really doing to my body and I’m curious of what it will do to me if I continue to use it like this for a longer period of time. I dont know if body mass or size has anything to do with it but I am 6’1 297lbs, power-lifter and bodybuilder. I have no medical history of any heart problems or mental disorders or liver and kidney problems. Please get back to me ASAP.

• Admin says:

You definitely and clearly need to cycle off. It won’t be fun for the first couple of weeks, but you’re highly due for a stim break. See our article on cycling off for more info.

28. manny says:

hey admin ive just brought jack3d and done with my frst day few people
    Says that this product will bulk up is that true and my goal is yo loose weight

• Admin says:

Your diet is what forces you to lose or gain weight. If anything, Jack3d will increase your energy expenditure and help you burn more calories.

29. Brandon says:

I know this is old but, I’m 18 5’7″ and 130lbs I workout pretty regularly would this product be too strong for me?

30. Rach says:

Hi

I am going to trek in Peru at high altitude and wanted to check about the safety of using jacks 3d to assist my endurance.

What are your thought?

• Admin says:

I wouldn’t change anything or do anything new in high altitude. You will already be throwing enough at your body to the point where a “medical condition” could develop. This isn’t worth your risk – talk to your doctor to get cleared for high altitude as well!!

1 2